- We cater for families and couples and do not accept bookings for all male/female parties of three or more persons. We also reserve the right to refuse any booking.
- If you have to cancel a booking or part of a booking, you will be liable for the full amount of rent for the period originally booked, unless the Company is successful in re-letting the accommodation for the same period, at the same price. All cancellations must be made in writing, failing which the hirer will be invoiced for the balance of the rent due. Please also see our Hire Caravan Cancellation Plan below*.
- We do our upmost to provide the holidays we advertise, but occasionally we can no longer offer the holiday that a customer has booked and in exceptional circumstances we may need to cancel your booking. If this is the case we will contact you and offer you either a replacement holiday that’s the same as the one you have booked, a less expesinve holiday and refund you the difference in price, or offer you a full refund.
- Hirers expecting to arrive after 5.00pm must notify the appropriate Park Office in advance.
- Under NO circumstances must the number of persons exceed the berth capacity of your unit. Children of any age count as one person.
- Hirers are not permitted to use Motorised Caravans, Cars, Vans, Touring Caravans or Tents as additional sleeping accommodation.
- Only one cars allowed per unit. Friends of hirers must leave their car in the visitors car parks. PLEASE NOTE no trailers are allowed on the parks.
- The speed restrictions and traffic flow signs on all parks must be strictly adhered to at all times, by all vehicles including bicycles.
- Motorcycles and mopeds are not permitted on our caravan parks or beaches.
- The use of scooters, skateboards and hoverboards are not permitted on any Thornley Leisure Parks.
- Vehicles are only permitted on the Parks if they are insured against third party risks and the driver holds a current driving licence. The caravan park is regarded as a public highway under the legislation, and it is an offence to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs whilst on park. We reserve the right to invite the police onto the park where persons are suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Boats and jet skis are not permitted on any of our parks.
- Open fires are not allowed on the parks. Barbecues must only be operated by an adult, and must finish by 22.00hrs. Gas patio heaters must not be positioned within 3.5 metres of the adjacent caravan. Disposable/portable barbeques are permitted providing they are on a suitable, non-combustible surface.
- Caravan owners and their guests (including children) must act in a courteous and considerate manner towards other customers and park staff at all times. We would ask you to respect others with regard to noise anywhere on the park, particularly between 22.30 hrs and 08.00 hrs.
- When using park facilities, children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- In the interest of safety, the flying of kites, Chinese lanterns or drones is not permitted on our caravan or camping parks.
- Skips and waste bins must only be used for general household waste.
- The gas/electricity supply must not be tampered with.
- No persons under the age of eighteen are allowed to occupy a caravan without adult supervision.
- The company reserves the right to change the unit number allocated but not the type of accommodation when deemed necessary.
- Thornley Leisure Parks (referred to as “The Company”) and its employees shall not be liable for any loss or damage to, or any theft from, any caravan or other property, unless the same be caused or contributed to by any negligence or default on the part of The Company, its servants or agents. The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for hirers personal effects.
- The Company shall incur no liability whatsoever in the event of any part of the park or any facilities being unavailable because of unforeseen circumstances beyond The Company’s control.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead and not allowed to wander. Maximum 2 dogs per unit. Under no circumstances should pets be left unattended in the caravans. Dogs that present a serious danger to the public as described under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 or any equivalent succeeding legislation are not allowed on the park under any circumstances.
- Occupancy of holiday homes can be expected by 4.00pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure. All accommodation must be left in a clean and tidy condition and all breakages and damage reported. The number pf persons occupying the accommodation must not exceed the number of berths provided.
- Occupancy of touring/tent pitches can be expected by 2.00pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 11.00am on day of departure.
- Retail services and facilities will operate for reduced times before Spring Bank Holiday and from September onwards. However, the Company reserves the right to alter the times of opening and the extent of opening hours of any of the retail services or facilities. We will try not to, but we reserve the right to close facilities due to reasons outside of our control.
- We seek to provide the very best service to all our guests and have a specially prepared access statement available which describes the facilities we have to offer on the park. If you would like a copy, or wish to discuss any other special needs, please make our booking staff aware.
- Our full Health and Safety policy is available for inspection in Reception.
- Gazebo’s may not be erected on the park.
- Anyone found breaching any of the above rules may be asked to leave the park.
- Where Wi-Fi is an advertised facility, please note that it’s provision is subject to availability and network conditions. It may not be available 24 hours and is provided for pleasure not for business. Bookings are not accepted if they are wholly reliant on the uninterrupted provision of Wi-Fi
- If you encounter any problems during your stay, you must contact the park manager so that remedial action, where possible, can be taken. If you do not register your difficulties or complaint during your stay, it may not be possible to for us to investigate after your stay and would be unable to offer you any sort of compensation if it would be appropriate.
- Hiring fees are accepted on the understanding that the above Terms and Conditions are complied with. If you, or any of your party do not adhere to any of the above Terms and Conditions, we will have to ask all of you to leave the park. No ands, ifs or buts and no refunds! (The Company reserves the right to amend, alter, or revoke any of the park rules contained herein without notice.)
£15 PER WEEK £10 SHORT BREAK – Payable at time of booking. Our comprehensive Cancellation Plan covers the whole of your party up to the day before your holiday commences, against cancellation due to redundancy, jury service, accident, injury, illness or death of any member of the party and accident, injury, illness or death of a close relative of a member of the party.
We guarantee to return the Full Amount of deposit and balance paid to Thornley Leisure Parks (less Cancellation Plan premium) under the scheme Please give as much notice as possible and provide the appropriate authoritative document in confirmation of your reason for cancellation i.e. Doctor’s Note, Death Certificate, Redundancy Notice under the Payment Act 1965. Claims outside the specified reasons of cancellation cannot be entertained.
Tourer & Tent Bookings (including long stay)
The cancellation policy is not applicable to tent and tourer bookings and a charge has not been added to your booking.
We can move your booking to another date in the 2020 season, subject to availability. We need a minimum of 7 days’ notice to do this.
Please retain these conditions for your reference.
We ask that all our guests read and understand our up to date COVID-19 Policy can be viewed on our website, www.thornleyleisure.co.uk/coronavirus-update